Cruising into the new year in a butter tub power boat. Make bath time even more fun!
Be careful near water.
Sometimes a task might be dangerous, so you really have to take care. Please promise you won’t play around with this stuff, unless an adult is there.
Follow the instructions I’ve written, and if you get stuck then please ask. I’m happy to help, just send me a mail, I do love a puzzling task.
You will need:
- 1 x Butter tub
- 2 x Ice cream sticks
- 1 x Elastic band
- 1 x Roll of sellotape
- 1 x Piece of card
- 1 x Pair of scissors
- First you take a butter tub, to make this boat take shape.
- Put an ice cream stick each side, and hold in place with tape.
- Grab yourself a piece of card, and cut it down to size.
- Place inside the elastic band and tape in place both sides.
- Slightly stretch the elastic band and put it on the sticks.
- You might require some more tape to ensure it’s firmly fixed.
- Twist the band, and hold the card, then put it in the bath.
- Your power boat will motor on, along the watery path.
Perhaps you could consider these questions:
- What can you do to make your butter tub power boat travel faster?
- How would you make it go slower?
- How would you control its direction?