Draw a secret picture with invisible ink.
- 1 x Piece of paper
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 x Crayon
Tools and equipment
- Paint brush
- Very carefully slice a lemon in half with a knife.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl.
- Dip the paintbrush into the lemon juice and paint a picture on the piece of paper.
- Leave the piece of paper to dry.
- Your picture will now be completely invisible.
- Rub the side of a wax crayon all over the piece of paper.
- Your secret painting will magically appear!
The lemon juice is an acid, which breaks down the surface of the paper. This change is invisible until you rub a crayon over the surface.
Perhaps you could write an invisible note to a friend, and get them to reveal what is written by using their crayon.